Fire Alarm Testing & Inspections
Fire Alarm Confidence Testing
Local Fire Code requires building owners to maintain and test the fire alarm monitoring systems every 12 months and every five years with no local fire department notification. Furthermore, testing must be performed by a certified fire alarm service technician to provide the system certification label.
Alpha Fire & Security offers a service program for periodic inspection, testing and maintenance, which conforms to:
- Specific manufacturer’s recommended maintenance and inspections
- Annual alarm system testing
- NFPA code requirements
Our fire alarm service technicians are certified and tested by the fire department, according to local fire department codes. When Alpha Fire & Security tests your system, the proper paperwork will be sent to the fire department making sure your fire alarm system remains in constant compliance with local fire alarm code.
Life Safety Code Inspections
The Life Safety Code or NFPA 101 is a standard that is the basis for most local fire codes and is updated on a three-year cycle. The standards come from the study and analysis of prominent fires that cause loss of life. Because of this ongoing research and analysis and new technologies the Life Safety standards are continually updated and apply to existing and new structures.
Having an all-inclusive Fire safety plan will save lives in the event of a fire.
- Update the fire alarm system as needed to meet code and address any changes in risk
- Have a comprehensive monitoring system for your fire alarm
- Create and regularly execute company wide fire drills
- Maintain properly marked and operating fire doors
- Keep all hallways leading to exits and doorways clear and unobstructed
- Have the alarm system checked every 12 months in accordance with local fire codes and by a certified fire alarm technician
- Properly dispose of combustible waste materials and remove daily
- Institute a document backup plan and store information at a secure off site location
We are dedicated to exceeding life safety fire alarm system regulatory compliance by following NFPA guidelines and staffing NICET certified design engineers and fire and security installation technicians, who are industry leaders in fire alarm monitoring system installation and maintenance procedures.
Don’t risk your employee and customer’s lives and loss of your property, call Alpha Fire & Security to schedule your annual fire alarm confidence testing and life safety inspection today.